There are many reasons why a person chooses to get themselves inked. Some get tattoos for the look and design, whereas others do it for the symbolism attached to it. Cherry tattoos have become popular for their symbolism. At the same time, it is the aesthetic design of the fruit which makes it all the more popular.
- Deep red and juicy cherries are a symbol of fertility.
- Because of its intense flavor, the fruit has often been compared with first love. In this sense, it is also a symbol of romance and intense love. For some, the appearance of cherries is said to resemble a lover's lips.
- And when you bite into a cherry, the fruit gives an appearance of bleeding.
- Getting a cherry tattoo also represents feminine chastity and purity. It is said, once a cherry is plucked, it has lost its innocence and virtue.
Cherries with a Bird
Cherries with a Butterfly
Cherries with a Ribbon
Cherries with Stars
Cherry with Name
There are a number of designs and ideas you can choose from. Although the tattoos are mostly inked in red, other colors like black, yellow, pink, blue, and green are also used.
- A popular design is flaming cherries inked on hips or shoulders. It stands for unquenchable desire, passion, and lust.
- There are other elements that can be added to your design such as, butterflies, birds, stars, ribbons, or even skulls.
- Two cherries hanging together on a stem is a popular and common design ide.
If you are the one who finds these fruits appealing, then you may want to opt for this tattoo. To find the perfect design that suits you, do a research and find an experienced tattoo artist to turn your dream into reality.