Nose piercing is the latest fashion trend. Nose jewelry looks absolutely stunning, and hence most of us opt for wearing it. But after piercing, there are chances of the development of a nose piercing bump. It can pain at times and can lead to a lot of discomfort.
Most of the time, it develops within 2 to 3 days of piercing. In rare cases, it might also develop after a month or two. In some cases, the surrounding area tends to become red. Discharge of pus and blood will also be observed. The bleeding is generally observed only if the condition is severe.
- Touching the pierced nose can often give rise to the bump. If your hands and fingers are infected, then there are more chances that the bump will develop, thus increasing the infections.
- Improper piercing is also one of the reasons, which can give rise to the bump. Also, if the technique used is wrong, then it can cause a problem.
- Changing the jewelry within a few days is also one of the reasons. Hence, make sure that you change the jewelry only after 2 months or so have past after piercing.
- If the jewelry is extremely small, then the hole can choke, which then develops the bump.
- Wearing a poor quality jewelry is also one of the reasons.
Washing the wound with clean water once in a while will help. But make sure that you do not clean the area very often, as instead of helping, it will intensify the situation. Washing the area twice or thrice in a day is sufficient. You can also make use of lukewarm water for washing. With a cotton swab, apply tea tree oil regularly to the area to palliate the situation.
If you follow a few measures, you can get rid of the bump in a few days time. In order to avoid them, make sure you get your nose pierced from a professional. Also, make sure that the tools which he is using are clean. The jewelry which you are going to wear should be of a good quality. The quality of the jewelry also plays an important role.
If not taken proper care of, there are chances of the bump increasing in size and the situation becoming more intense. Hence, proper measures should be opted without any delay in order to curb the situation. In some cases, there are chances of the developing a bump on the inside of the nose. This is a more intense situation and it can lead to discomfort. Since the bump is present inside the nose, not much can be done for treating at home. Hence, it is better if you visit a doctor and get it treated.
If the problem does not get solved even after trying different treatments, then it is better that you remove the nose jewelry. Avoid removing the jewelry at home. It will be better if you get it removed from the person who has pierced your nose. After the infection has been healed completely and after the bump vanishes, you can wear the jewelry again.
Disclaimer: This ThoughtfulTattoos article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.