There are different ways of beautifying the body. One of the ancient ways of doing so is piercing. The history of piercings dates back to at least five thousand years! Since then man was aware how beautiful a single piercing can make you look! Though almost every part of the body is now pierced, ear piercing is the most popular and oldest form of piercing. Ear piercing is one of the piercings that is done almost in every religion, throughout the world. And the best part of this piercing, it is not gender biased! Earlier only girls would opt for ear piercings, but now even guys get their ear pierced. And why not, even guys have the right to look cool! But unlike girls, guys need a little more efforts to flaunt their cool ear piercings. If you are all geared up but do not know which type would suit you, scroll down. The following are some common types of ear piercings for guys.
Ear Piercing for Men
Ear Piercing for Men
- Earlobe: Ear lobe piercing is the most common ear piercing types for guys. The location of this body piercing is clear from its name itself, it is done through the earlobe. This piercing takes about 10 weeks to heal. As this part of the ear is flexible, different kinds of jewelry can be used. However the most common earlobe jewelry for guys is a stud. Small rings are also preferred by guys, but only if one earlobe is pierced.
- Rook Piercing: This type of ear piercing is done inside the ear, on the first cartilage that is located inside the ear. The space here is limited, so choose a thin gauge, ball closure rings, or curved barbells as jewelry for rook piercing. This cartilage piercing takes about one year to heal.
- Auricle Piercing: This ear piercing looks really cute on guys! It is located on the outer rim of the ear, to be exact, it is located on the side rim of the outer part of the ear. Ball closure rings are the most popular jewelry and is the most popular auricle piercing. Barbells and labrets too can be used. Auricle takes the least time to heal, only 3 weeks.
- Snug Piercing: The name might sound girly, but the piercing is definitely meant for both guys and girls. This piercing is done through the lower inner cartilage of the ear, a little above the earlobe. Curved barbells is the best jewelry for snug piercing as this area is too small for any other type of jewelry. This piercing takes about 8 weeks to heal.
- Pinna Piercing: This piercing is also known as helix piercing and it is located on the outermost rim of the ear. The outer middle part of the ear is where a pinna piercing is done. You can use ball closure ring, or a barbell can be used as jewelry. This piercing takes about 8 weeks to heal.
- Industrial piercing: Industrial piercing is one of the most popular ear piercing for guys. Industrial piercing can be done anywhere on the ear. When two cartilages of the ear are connected or if the piercing starts and ends at the same cartilage, and is connected with a barbell, it is known as an industrial ear piercing. The common place is the upper and lower part of the ear. Barbell is obviously the jewelry used for industrial piercing.