From rockstars to advance men, metrosexuals to rurosexuals, brawny hunks to boys next door, ear piercings for men is no more off-limits. Dig up more about the same in this article…
Come on guys, for the last time now! Piercing won’t make you look gay. Just so you know, the art of piercing among men has been predominant for thousands of years now, and the Holy Bible has a reference to ear piercing too. Today, ear piercing is looked upon as a fashionable and trendy accessory that makes a personal statement, and not as some amulet to shove away monsters or Satan! Many male hip-hop artists have as many as ten to fifteen piercings which they accessorize differently. Over the years, ear piercings for guys have become a state-of-the-art acclamation with various styles of piercings being done at various locations on the ear. Let us have a look on what they are.
- Ear Lobe Piercing: If you’re going for piercing for the first time, go for this one as it is the most common type of ear piercing for guys. The lobe is punctured, and either a barbell or a stud is an appropriate choice to adorn it.
- Helix Piercing: Unlike other types of piercings where a piercing gun can be used too, only a sterile needle can be used to pierce the helix, in the upper cartilage of the ear. Hoops or cuffs can be worn as accessories in this case.
- Tragus Piercing: Okay! Just the thought of getting it done rolls shivers down my spine. Guys who’re audacious enough can go for this one as it is meticulously done on the cartilage flap, and looks simply awesome. Captive bed rings and spirals are the most preferred jewelry options.
- Anti Tragus Piercing: This one isn’t that frightening. Since it is done in the inner cartilage of the ear, it takes lesser time to heal in comparison to a tragus piercing. Go for ball closure rings in this case. They look amazing!
- Conch Piercing: Inner or outer, both ways, the piercing is done at the center of the ear cartilage. It heals quickly if cleaned daily, and ball closure rings or barbells can be worn.
- Industrial Piercing: This one’s yet to become prominent among masses, as it calls for a lot of care, and takes at least a year to heal. It is done in the upper cartilage of the ear, and a single piercing is made to pass through two holes. Claws and barbells can be worn as adornments.
- Rook Piercing: It is done on the thick cartilage lying between the inner and the outer conch of the year, above the ear canal. It is somewhat painful as the needle passes through the thick cartilage, and may take up to a year to heal. Captive bed rings are the most sought after jewelry for rook piercing.
- Daith Piercing: It’s the sassiest addition to the class of cool ear piercings, and indeed, complicated. It is primarily done in the outer rim of the cartilage of the ear, which lies closest to the head. The jewelry may vary, but captive bed rings are the most suitable ornament.
Before Getting Ear Piercing Done
The ear is the most ‘pierced’ …oops! I mean most prized possession of our body. To avoid any kind of complications post getting pierced, it is important to take into account the following points
- Don’t go for piercing if you’re unwell. It’s always preferable to get it done when you’re both physically and mentally healthy.
- Maintain proper hygiene both prior to and post getting pierced as freshness renders an all new vigor to your new experience of getting pierced.
- Many a time, piercing causes nausea and dizziness. So, make sure you’ve eaten something prior to getting pierced.
- Indeed, getting your ears pierced hurts, as if a needle has punctured it. However, make sure you have a high level of tolerance for the pain (apologies for terrifying you!).
So, now that you’ve decided to make piercing your fashion identity, do not think twice. Just keep a note of the points under ear piercing aftercare, and I’m sure you’ll enjoy changing studs and earrings every once in a while. Therefore, I’ll conclude my piece of information on men’s ear piercings, and would suggest you to ‘pierce’ the boring stuff, thereby, introducing that vogue in your style!