Regardless of where you get a piercing, good hygiene and aftercare instructions should be followed. If you got your tragus pierced, you have to read the following article for proper information…
** The healing time for tragus piercing is 2 to 4 months. **
The piercing is located in the small nub of cartilage which comes out near the entry of the ear canal. People who are adventurous and bold feel that this is the prime location for choosing a piercing. Body piercing is not everybody’s cup of tea (it’s painful and can cause an infection, if proper care is not taken), so if you feel confident enough to go through it, then only proceed. Plus, the tragus doesn’t have enough space to have the piercing, so not too many modifications can be done once it’s done.
• Ask the professional piercing guy/girl to recommend you the disinfecting solution. Or else, you can use saline solution instead.
• Clean the area at least 2 to 3 times a day until your piercing has healed properly.
• Soak a clean cotton ball in a disinfecting solution and cleanse the skin around the jewelry; front and back.
• Soak the entire area near the jewelry so that the solution gets a chance to enter the hole.
• Rotate the jewelry (after a day or two of piercing), as gently as you can, so that the solution goes in.
• Whenever you wish to clean, change, or touch your jewelry, wash your hands with an antibacterial soap beforehand.
• Keep in mind to change the pillow covers every other day. This will also lessen your worries about getting an infection.
• Wear buttoned shirts as much as you can. Pullovers and t-shirts can snag the jewelry and make your ear hurt if the piercing’s tender.
• Try not to touch the jewelry every now and then. Dirt and germs on your finger(s) might transfer bacteria to the area.
• Any crusty build up should not be scraped with your fingers. You might just infect or injure the area furthermore.
• Till the piercing has heeled completely, don’t let anyone kiss or touch the area. You want to reduce the vulnerability to bacteria and infection.
• Avoid wearing earphones and be extra careful while talking over the phone. You can accidentally tug on the jewelry.
The piercing itself doesn’t hurt at all. As there are no nerve endings present, many people don’t experience it during the process. Although, some people have felt a bit of pinch. So the pain level will differ from person to person. Sometimes, even after the piercing has been done, you may notice fresh blood for an hour or so. To get all the precautionary methods taken care of, let’s see what these instructions are.
The healing time will depend entirely on your skin and how fast it can heel itself. Oily or dry skin both have different healing times, so proper precautions need to be taken. The placement of this piercing needs to be absolutely accurate and the size of the jewelry shouldn’t be too huge. When you get your new piercing done, the professional piercer will inform you about these aftercare which are mentioned above. So be sure you understand all these instructions before you get yourself pierced. Even though the piercing is a bit difficult to place at this area of the ear, it looks really beautiful and unique. So if you’re looking for some change in your appearance, maybe this piercing is for you.