Snug piercing are not only complicated, but also very painful. Snug is a common word for the antihelix―a cartilage parallel to the helix. If you have just got this part pierced, you must know that the chances of infection in this case are higher as compared to most other areas of the ear. In this article, we'll first discuss the possible problems, and then, their solutions.
The pain sometimes lasts longer, if the piercing is not done by an expert. An infected piercing might also result from an unsterilized needle or open wounds. If a particular piece of jewelry doesn't suit the snug, you might even observe swelling. In case the earring gets pulled at regularly, maybe due to the length of your hair, you might notice bleeding. Visit a doctor if the bleeding doesn't stop for two minutes. You might also witness fever and/or weakness due to inflammation.
Since this piercing is very sensitive, you must take precautions to prevent possible infections. Here's how.
- Go to a reputed piercing salon and ensure the needle is sterilized.
- If you are scared to bear the pain, apply local anesthesia like a benzocaine solution, or compress the part with ice. This creates partial numbness, and you comparatively experience very little pain.
- Clean the area with a cotton swab dipped in a warm saline solution or sea salt.
- Be careful while sleeping. Try not to sleep over the piercing and ensure that your hair doesn't disturb the jewelry.
- Do not move the jewelry in the first 2-3 weeks, as this can aggravate the wound and cause inflammation.
- Use lavender oil as it lubricates the area and promotes the healing process.
- Clean the pillowcases to prevent bacterial infections.
- Use vitamin B with a zinc-supplemented cleansing lotion to accelerate the healing process.
- Do not replace the jewelry for 2-3 weeks, unless the wound has healed completely.
- Clean your hands with an antiseptic solution before touching the jewelry.
- Never use methylated spirits, betadine, peroxide, or alcohol to clean the piercing zone; these damage the cells and form scar tissues.
- Be careful while using headphones, earphones, and/or your cell phone.
- While using hair sprays, cosmetics, and hair gels, ensure that no chemical products come in contact with the wound.
Information on Jewelry
Jewelry comes in different materials, sizes, and shapes. It is found in perfect designs to match your style, opening new opportunities to change your look. High-quality jewelry is made of gold, titanium, and platinum. It comes in segment rings, barbells, and studs. These are some popular styles.
- Gauge jeweled plug
- Titanium circular barbell with colored balls
- Colored ball titanium labret
- Twister barbell with colored ball
- Silver studs
- Spiral barbells
- Surgical steel ball with closure ring
- Circular cone bell
- Silver and steel ball closure ring
- Dragon head circular barbell
- Star head barbell
- Gold plated/ zircon micro circular barbell
- Gold plated ball closure ring
- Charm bell closure ring
- Rainbow segment titanium ring
- Titanium bar closure ring
- Smooth segment ring
- Circular cone bells