If you have just gotten a navel piercing, then you would definitely want to learn to clean belly button rings. In this article, we give you all the information that you would need.
Body piercings have always been extremely fascinating and while ear piercings are the most common of the lot, many people like to get other parts of their bodies pierced as well. Navel piercings are extremely popular, especially amongst women. But most of us remain unaware of the proper cleaning process that needs to be undertaken for the jewelry that you wear in your belly button piercing.
Cleaning Belly Button Rings
The process of cleaning your belly button ring is one that needs a lot of care. After getting a piercing done, it is important to clean the area and the ring that you are wearing regularly. This reduces the chances of any kind of infection. Till the piercing heals completely, it is important that you clean it every day. Even after you need to take proper care of a navel piercing and the belly button jewelry that you wear.
If you have just gotten a belly button piercing, it is of prime importance that you clean not only the navel regularly but also the piercing itself. You will need water, anti-bacterial soap, and lavender oil for this cleansing process. Follow the steps given below in order to clean belly button rings.
- Take a little water; enough to fill your palm, and add a few drops of anti-bacterial soap to the water to create a soapy solution.
- Next soak your navel and the jewelry that you have used to adorn the area in the solution. Do this for a minute and then rinse the area properly.
- Now take the lavender oil and put a couple of drops on a piece of cotton. Now swab the belly ring with the cotton swan. This step is not necessary and can be done once every three days.
While cleaning the belly ring, ensure that you move it up and down slightly so that the oil that you have applied on the ring lubricates the area completely. If by chance you accidentally go for a swim or you think that there has been any contact of the belly ring with sweat or pool water, then wipe it with a saline solution.
Once the belly piercing has healed slightly and you can afford to clean the belly piercing jewelry less regularly, you can follow the steps given in this article to clean the ring. For this process you will need anti-bacterial hand wash, hot water, paper towel, and saline solution, If you cannot get saline solution in the market, then you can choose to make your own solution by mixing eight ounces of distilled water with a quarter of a teaspoon of sea salt which has not been iodized. Once you have all the requisites, follow the simple steps given below to clean the ring.
- Before you handle the belly button ring, it is essential that you clean your hands well. Wash them with an anti-bacterial hand wash and hot water.
- Take a paper towel and soak the same in hot water. Use this wet paper towel to clean the area around the belly button and the ring itself. This will ensure that none of the dirt on the ring enters your piercing when the jewelry is being cleaned.
- Now take another paper towel and pour some saline solution onto it. Place this paper towel over the belly button ring. Allow it to absorb the solution for at least ten minutes so that it is sterilized properly.
- Clean it with a paper towel soaked in warm water afterwards to remove any remnants of the salt solution.
- Use a dry paper towel to clean the piercing and the jewelry on it. Ensure that you never use cloth towels to clean the ring as there is always a danger of it getting stuck on the ring.
It is important that you follow the steps given here to clean belly button rings properly. A navel piercing is an extremely sensitive piercing which needs a lot of care and attention. Not cleaning the piercing or the jewelry properly can raise chances of infection which is something that you would want to avoid. Now that you know how to clean belly button rings, ensure that you do everything properly. After all you would want to flaunt your latest acquisition with style.