For those who are wary of getting a tongue piercing, fake tongue rings might be the right choice. This write-up provides information about fake, non-piercing tongue jewelry.
Fake tongue piercings or rings are meant for those who would love to wear such jewelry, but don’t like the idea of getting their tongue pierced. The manufacturers have come up with innovative ideas and designs. These have become increasingly popular among the young crowd. There is one aspect you need to consider, you must handle the fake tongue ring maturely. If you are careless with it, you might end up causing harm to yourself.
Fake Tongue Piercing Jewelry
These rings are designed for those who are either scared of getting a tongue piercing due to the pain or risk of infection, or have been asked by their parents not to get such a piercing. So, you can flaunt your tongue ring, without having to go through the problems associated with actual tongue piercing.
How Do They Work
Some of the fake rings work on the principle of suction. You just need to place the fake tongue ball between your teeth and press your tongue up to it. When you suck on the fake tongue ball, it just sticks to the tongue. Some of these rings use magnets. Magnets prevent the piece of jewelry from falling off and that gives an impression of real tongue piercing. These are available at costume stores or the party supply stores. You could also buy these online from a jewelry site.
Fake tongues rings come in all kinds of designs and colors to cater to all tastes. You could buy UV fake marble, checker, or star gazer tongue rings in various colors. You also have the option of buying striped or colored beach balls. You could also try the exotic koosh ball rings. Some of these also glow in the dark. So, you could create an illusion of tongue piercing with these fake rings. Most of the rings are washable and can be worn many times.
In case you have decided to buy and try out a fake tongue ring, you need to keep a few things in mind.
- You need to be careful about the positioning of the ring. It should be placed in such a way that it looks real. The best place would be between the tip and the middle portion of the tongue.
- Putting it very near the tip of the tongue can have an adverse effect on your teeth, as the ring might rub against your teeth. If placed at the back, it might not give the desired look.
- You must also be careful while selecting the ring. The shops either offer the stick-on type or the ones that use magnets.
- You must make sure that you read the instructions properly. It is extremely important that you don’t eat with the ring on.
- The rings which use magnets can cause serious harm, if swallowed. You must take them off while sleeping too.
Though these tongue rings may seem very cool, these need to be handled with utmost care. Very young kids must not wear such rings. You must remove it while bathing, sleeping, eating, and swimming. Swallowing it can cause serious problems, so make sure you take all precautions and don’t let this stylish piece of jewelry create trouble.