Face piercings have always enticed men and women of all ages. If you are looking for some information related to different types of face piercings, the following article will help you with some interesting information.
Face piercing is a wide term that covers many types of piercings. You may have noticed piercings of face in some of the tribal and ethnic groups. They are kind of loud and really drastic and add some meaning to ‘body modification’. These types of piercings are a part of their cultural tradition and sometimes, form a ritual for rite of passage. Some tribal people carry out lip and tongue piercings of their women before marriage. Some tribal chiefs carry external lip piercing and wear bars that connect the piercings. Nose piercings are thought to originate in Middle East some 4,000 years ago. It is said it made childbirth easier due to placement of the female reproductive organs. Till date, there is confusion regarding nose piercings, regarding which side to pierce. Ear and nose piercings have always been a favorite for girls.
There are different types of face piercing apart from the usual ones that include the ears, nose, lips, and tongue. These piercings need a lot of care, as they take a lot of time to heal. There are more changes of rejection or development of scar tissue in case of piercings. This is because of these piercings are carried out on a flat surface, and hence called ‘surface piercings’.
Face Piercings Chart
You will find the face piercing chart contains many different piercings. In order to understand a face piercing chart, the following is facial piercings list, will prove to be a useful guide.
- Tongue Piercing: Piercing that is done vertically through the tongue.
- Tongue Rim Piercing: Tongue piercing carried out at the edge of the tongue.
- Tongue Web Piercing: The piercing of the tongue frenulum.
- Venom Tongue Piercing: This is two off centered tongue piercings.
- Lip Piercing: The lip piercing that is an offset of the lower lip piercing.
- Snakebite Piercing: Two lip piercings placed one on each side of the mouth is called snakebite piercing.
- Spider Bite Piercing: Two lip piercings placed on same side of the lower lip.
- Labret Piercing: Piercing is at the center of the lower lip is called labret piercing.
- Medusa Piercing: This is a center upper lip labret piercing.
- Beauty Mark Piercing: Offset upper lip piercing is called beauty mark or monroe piercing.
- Angel Kiss Piercing: Vertical piercing at the center of the lip.
- Smiley Piercing: An upper lip frenulum piercing is called smiley piercing.
- Frowny Piercing: A lower lip frenulum piercing.
- Nostril Piercing: Piercing made through the nostril is called nose piercings.
- Septum Piercing: The bull ring piercing or septum piercing is made in the septum wall of the nose.
- Austin Bar Piercing: A horizontal nose tip piercing is called Austin bar piercing
- Nasallang Piercing: Piercing on the nostril-septum-nostril.
- Bridge Piercing: Horizontal piercing made through the bridge of the nose is called bridge piercing.
- Vertical Bridge Piercing: Piercing made like a third eye on the vertical bridge.
- Eyebrow Piercing: Piercing is made through the eyebrow is called eyebrow piercings.
- Anti-Eyebrow Piercing: Upper cheek piercing made below the eye along the cheekbone.
- Horizontal Eyebrow Piercing: Piercing made horizontally along the eyebrow.
- Ear Lobe Piercing: When ear lobe is pierced, its called ear lobe piercing.
- Ear Cartilage Piercing: Ear piercings carried out through the cartilage along the upper outside edge of the helix.
- Pinna Piercing: Ear cartilage piercing at the rim of the top part of the ear.
- Tragus Piercing: Piercing at the nub of the ear present along the outer edge of the face is called tragus piercing.
- Conch Piercing: Shell of the ear pierced is called conch piercing.
- Ear Weaving Piercing: Piercing at the edge of the ear in which a spiral barbell loop goes around through multiple piercings of the same jewelry.
- Helix Piercing: Outer cartilage piercing of the rim is called helix piercings.
- Industrial Piercing: Two piercings connected with a barbell called the scaffold piercing or the industrial piercing.
- Vertical Industrial Piercing: The barbell placed vertically in the ear.
- Rook Piercing: Piercing in the rim that is placed in the middle in front of the ear. Rook piercing is a type of anti-helix piercing.
- Daith Piercing: Piercing of the ridge at the top of the ear hole that extends just above the tragus is called daith piercing.
- Anti Tragus Piercing: The cartilage rim above the lobe is pierced called the anti-tragus piercing.
- Inner Conch Piercing: Piercing in the inner shell of the ear.
- Inner Helix Piercing: Piercing of the cartilage rim.
- Vertical Lobe Piercing: Piercing placed vertically over the lobe.
- Vertical Tragus Piercing: Piercing is placed vertically over the tragus.
- Snug Piercing: Piercing of the inner cartilage helix fold is called snug piercing.
- Transverse Lobe Piercing: Piercing placed along the length of the earlobe.
- Orbital Piercing: Two piercings made with a ring is called orbital piercing.
Face Piercing Care Instructions
The surface piercings do not have the required slack and tissue to absorb the piercings. Thus, there are changes of infections that may spread to the blood, if one does not take proper care. Many youngsters ignore aftercare. This simple mistake could cost you a lot of trouble like severe effects of body piercings like infections, scarring, nerve damage leading to excessive bleeding, allergic reaction to the piercings, etc. Unsafe as well as unsterilized needles can pass Hepatitis virus and the deadly HIV/AIDS infection too. It’s always better to be safe than sorry.
This was a short facial piercing guide. There are many types of body piercings that one can opt for. Make sure you go through all the information related to face piercings before trying one out. Visit only professional body piercing artists and make sure the place follows basic cleanliness and safety measures.