With passage of time and evolution, people's notion about tattoos underwent an enormous transformation, gaining immense popularity and they are no more considered to be taboo. Today, the dimension of tattoo art has considerably changed, and symbolizing their faith and belief through scripture tattoos has infected male folks much more than females.
Scripture tattoos are basically engraved with quotes that have been picked up from religious books. Since it's one of the most significant forms of tattoo lettering, the font and style of letters are given more attention.
Whether you are embedding in Gothic style or in a much colorful way, the script must be vivid and understandable. Every element present in the tattoo is synonymous of the religion that the person wants to portray on him. The purpose behind inking scripture tattoos could be many.
The religious quote signifies their faith and belief, or it could also be a message that he wants to convey to the world. Religious symbols engraved along with scriptures are also popular among men.
Thus, you immortalize Christ by engraving his sayings on your body. The style of the fonts is an important aspect of scripture tattoos, and incorporating colors is optional. The letters are usually inked in black, that makes the tattoo more prominent on your body. Here are some quotes from Bible, that you can choose for your scripture tattoo.
- Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me ~ John 14:6
- If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer ~ Matthew 21:22
- Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned, forgive, and ye shall be forgiven ~ Luke 6:37
- Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you ~ Hebrew 13:5
- Thy Word is a Lamp Unto My Feet and a Light Unto My Path ~ Psalm 119:105
- It is God who arms me with strength ~ Psalm 18:32
- The LORD our God is near us whenever we pray to him ~ Deut 4:7
- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise him ~ Psalm 28:7
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight ~ Proverbs 3:5-6
Tribal Jesus tattoos look spectacular along with scriptures, while cross tattoos designed exclusively in Gothic styles have a spiritual approach.
A common representation of a scripture tattoo is the praying hands symbol, containing short quotes from Bible. Symbols of peace and gratitude also complement well in the scriptures, and the Gothic style is much more preferred than the colorful contemporary designs.
If you are hell-bent towards getting a scripture tattoo done, then the pain experienced would be nothing when compared with the meaning lying deep underneath. Choose a font that would complement you and make the letters prominent on your body. Get your favorite quote inked, and the sacred letters will permanently reflect your faith in God.