Getting inked can have a range of sentiments driving it. Some do it for the thrill, others for the pure joy of the tattoo art, others still to make a feeling or action permanent by giving it the form of something that will never fade away. The reasons are many, and each one of them is important in itself for the people who get a tattoo.
While there are several tattoo designs and forms, the sentiments behind getting these, and understanding the tattoo meanings can differ. There are many people who go in for matching tattoos to give the bond that they share with the other person, a new dimension and meaning. When it comes to matching tattoos for sisters, the relation that drives this idea forth can be well understood. Having spent your childhood together and having done so many things as a team, getting matching tattoos seems like an excellent idea to commemorate that feeling. But what kind of matching tattoos? Confused? Let's take you through the following sections to help you gather some ideas about the kind of things you can opt for.
Tattoo Designs for Sisters
Ideas for Forming Tattoos
So you're fixed on the idea, but don't really know what you want to get? Here's presenting some designs that you can consider.
Following a common link that you share from your childhood (or otherwise) is a great way to find designs for a matching tattoo. It could be anything from the name of your hometown or a take on your surnames. Something that wouldn't exist if you weren't sisters.
Favorite Verses for Tattoos
Some deep poem from your collection of poems that you both love? Get it etched onto yourself with a matching design. Several siblings choose to use short quotes for tattoos as well.
Astrology Tattoo Tip
Share a birth month? Perfect! Get a tattoo of your zodiac sign or any other zodiac tattoo sign from the galaxy. Half a sun, or the moon, or a Celtic star makes for a great tattoo design as well.
Chinese Symbols for Tattoos
Chinese symbols have always been very popular as tattoo designs. So you could jump the bandwagon, and think of that one as well. Just make sure that you don't get any random design that does not signify anything. Instead, use a phrase, or words that actually signify something special about your relationship with your sister.
When it comes to small matching tattoos, there are several choices. Here are some that you can look into:
- A heart with your individual names in the center.
- Animal tattoos like fish, tigers, pumas, or any other popular animal. If you share a love for animals, then this is the perfect choice for you to make.
- Celtic tattoo symbols.
- Tribal tattoos.
- Tattoos inspired from different cultures like Aztec tattoos, Samoan tattoos, Mayan tattoos, Sanskrit tattoos, etc.
- A butterfly tattoo design has come to be almost synonymous with anything feminine, and is therefore quite a popular theme.
- A rose of different colors is also one of the most popular designs that two sisters can share.
- Flower tattoos, like the hibiscus flower, or a flower that symbolizes your culture could also be a great choice, if done well.
- Dragonfly tattoos can also be thought about because they symbolize a free spirit, and are reminiscent of other childhood symbols, like nymphs, fairies, and shooting stars.
- The Holy Cross or any other religious symbol can also be looked into if you're both religious.
These were some ideas for matching tattoos that sisters can get. If you have a sister and want to applaud that special bond you share with her, go get yourself a tattoo from among the designs we just talked about. Or you could go in for a completely different tattoo that has drawn inspiration from something y'all both connect with.