Body jewelry is a fascinating thing, as there are so many varieties in them. If you like wearing face jewelry but can't get your nose or lip pierced, you can simply make a fake one on your own at home. Fake piercings are safe to wear as well as easy to remove.
They are nothing but an artificial ring with a bead or stud which either stick to your lips or have magnets behind them to keep them in place. They can make a great accessory in your wardrobe and also can be made to look very real and original. So, given here are a few simple steps to make them.
Artificial piercings are easily available in the market; however, you can make them at home too. Most of them have a gap between them to attach them on the lip, in the desired position. Find out how you can make them easily.
- Take a thick strand of metallic silver and use wire cutters to cut the strand to the desired length.
- Clean the wire properly, and make sure the tips are not pointed. Use a metal sandpaper to soften them.
- Find a small round magnet, and glue it to each end of the silver. Use such a glue which will not loosen when it is wet, and the magnet should not be very big, such that it can be visible on your lip.
- Make a small ring or hoop of the silver strand by bending it, such that the magnets should touch each other and stick.
- Open the ring and put one side on your lip inside your mouth and the other on the outside. When you do this, your tongue automatically touches the inner side of the ring. However, you need to avoid this as much as you can, especially when you're eating food.
- If you don't want to face this inconvenience, remove the ring when you eat, unless you're out with your friends and don't want them to know it's a fake piercing.
Sometimes, a fake piercing can look noticeably artificial. If you don't want to face such embarrassment yet wear a fake lip ring, take a look at some simple tricks to make one that looks real.
- You can use a tin foil of the length of 1 to 2 inches or whichever size is desired. Fold up the tin foil piece about halfway along its width.
- Similarly, fold the opposite edge about halfway inwards and fold the entire piece into half along the width, so as to fold it thrice of the original width.
- Now, flatten both the ends of the folded foil by squeezing them with your fingers, and make sure you don't flatten the whole piece as it has to look like a real ring.
- Get the two ends together to shape it like a ring having a smooth surface.
- Place the ring in the same position in and out of your lip. Make sure it is tight enough so that it doesn't fall off.
With those really simple tips to make piercings on your own, you can make them at home whenever you want to wear one. If you want to spare yourself from the pain of a real piercing, make one of these the next time you feel like wearing a lip piercing.