Women all across the globe get piercings. Among those, facial piercings are the most popular ones. Since there are different types of piercings that can be done on the face, knowing what each piercing is called can be tough. Hence, to help you identify and understand the difference between each of them, we've provided a small guide. Below you will find 24 distinct piercings that are popular among girls. Depending on the piercing(s) you like, you can take your pick.
Different Types of Facial Piercings
Side Lip Piercing
Things to Remember
Caring for your facial piercing is essential as it helps in preventing infection and keep the pierced area unspoiled. Here are some guidelines for taking care of your piercing.
- Always consult an experienced piercer and take his/her advice on the type of piercing that'll suit you best.
- If you're a minor, a parent or legal guardian has to be present to sign the consent form.
- There are different materials used for the piercings such as implant grade stainless steel, gold, silver, and titanium you can choose from.
- Also, you can choose from a wide variety of jewelry (barbells, rings, studs, etc.)
- Make sure the piercing salon is hygienic and the piercer is using fresh tools/equipment for your piercing.
- Understand the entire procedure so you are better prepared for it.
- Take a friend or family member along, if you are a bit nervous.
- Once the piercing is done, don't touch the jewelry with your fingers/tongue.
- Your piercing is going to hurt once completed and will take at least 2-3 months to heal (approximately).
- Take a written aftercare instructions' guideline from your piercer or save a note on your phone.
- Follow the aftercare instructions and call/visit your piercer if you have any doubts/concerns/questions regarding your piercing.
- Last, but certainly not the least, DO NOT attempt to pierce any part of your body on your own or by an inexperienced person.
Your piercing will stay uninfected and beautiful only if you care for it. With any type of piercing, let it be on your face, ears, or any part of the body, aftercare is the most important phase. If you neglect your piercing, it will show the signs immediately.