When it comes to tattoo making, the cross ones are one of the most popular. The reason for their popularity is simple - they are religious for many, and they appeal to the spiritual self of the individual.
But then, it definitely does not mean that they are meant only for those who are spiritual or have religious sentiments. They are also very popular amongst those who are not religious themselves, but love to get it because of their mesmerizing pattern and striking appeal.
- It is widely recognized within the Christian communities as well as people of other religions.
- People working in the tattoo parlor can tell you how much these designs are in demand.
- There are many other religious depictions, which cannot be categorized into specific genres, but none is as widely recognized and as familiar as the cross.
- It can be probably said that it must have been there even before most of the languages had evolved.
- This cross mark has become more popular amongst people since the 1800s.
- In the beginning, they were worn a lot by sailors and seamen.
- Later on, it was accepted by the sea merchants and servicemen too in a large way.
The cross is regarded as a highly sacred symbol. It symbolizes faith, immortality, and the heavenly bodies. The four points or hands signify the four directions - the North, South, East, and West. It has been used as a symbol against evil since a long time.
Cross tattoos are such that they can be personalized, and you can design your own cross in different patterns with angel wings, spider web, ribbons, flowers, crowns, dagger, etc. It should be of a kind that defines you and reflects something about you.