The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos.
About 60 years ago, if you were a girl sporting a tattoo, you would have probably been branded either eccentric or rebellious. Today, with tattoos being the hippest trend around, it has become a style statement. Getting a tattoo is a tough decision. The pain and the permanency of a tattoo are factors that may dissuade you from getting a tattoo. But if you, like me, are hell-bent on getting one, then one of the most important decisions that you will have to make is the part of the body that you want to be inked on. For a woman, there are several interesting places to get tattoos, like the lower back, the shoulder blade, and the abdominal area. But ankle tattoos are the perfect tattoos especially for first-timers.
Designs for Ankle Tattoos
Tattoos on the ankle are extremely popular amongst women, mainly because these tattoos can be hidden or shown off, as the occasion demands. Women can wear shoes and accessories that help in accentuating these feminine tattoos. Small tattoos are extremely popular as they can highlighted or played down as and when desired. Choosing a design that is perfect for you and beautifies your ankle can be quite a task. It is important that the tattoo holds some meaning for you. As you must have seen from the images given above, there are several feminine tattoo designs that can reinterpreted and designed to give them a personal touch.
Things You Should Know
- The placement of an ankle tattoo is oddly not limited to the ankle; any tattoo that starts from the lower calf and extends to the ankle bone is categorized under ankle tattoos.
- The position of your tattoo is going to determine the pain that you experience. It is generally more painful when you are tattooed near a bony area as compared to a fleshier part of the body.
- The lower the tattoo position, the more painful it is going to be. They also tend to bleed more than tattoos in other areas of the body as the ankle is at the extremity of your body.
- The process of getting a tattoo on your ankle may be tiresomely numbing, as you need to sit in a manner that allows the tattoo artist to easily reach your ankle.
- The cost depends on the design of the tattoo, and whether or not the tattoo artist has created the design especially for you or whether it is a pre-existing design. An ankle tattoo, on an average, costs between USD 50 - USD 200.
There are many tattoo enthusiasts who prefer to create their own designs. If you want to design your own tattoo it is important to get one that reflects your personality. It is advisable to share your idea with your tattoo artist and ask him to sketch it so that he can modify it to suit the ankle or any other body part where you would like to get the tattoo. These tattoos need a lot of tattoo care because of the constant exposure of the ankle to different elements but do not let this affect your determination to get a tattoo. Once you get that tattoo and become the cynosure of all eyes, your resolve to get another one will only become stronger. It is not for nothing that most tattoo enthusiasts believe that tattooing is no less than an addiction.